One of the best ways to reduce your carbon footprint and save money around your home is by reducing the amount of water you use. It’s easy to do and there are all sorts of different ways to accomplish water savings. For starters try implementing some of these 10 simple ways to conserve water, or conduct your own home water savings audit. While these are a good place to start, installing water saving technologies into your home is a great way to ensure that you’ll always be conserving water. Take a look at our top 6 water saving technologies to see how they can save you money:
Top 6 Water Saving Technologies
1. The TapNFlush — This product is definitely the best bang for your buck when it comes to saving water in your home. Not only is it affordable, $20 + free shipping, it will pay for itself through savings five times over every year! This dual flush converter is definitely a win for both saving water and money.
2. Low Flow Faucet Aerators — These nifty little inserts come in at #2 on our list and are a great way to save water around your home. They’re easy to install and cost almost nothing, which makes them one of the best green products to invest your money into.
3. Water Efficient Shower Heads — Showers represent one of the best opportunities to save water and money in your home, and installing a water efficient shower head is a great way to get started. When switching from a 2.5GPM shower head to a Sava Spa shower head rated at 1.5GPM you’ll save 1 gallon per minute. Which over the course of a year could add up to significant savings since you’ll be using less heated water every time you shower.
4. Toilet Tank Bags — These inserts are yet another great way to save water around your home, and the best part is you won’t have to change your usage habits. Installing a toilet tank bag is easy and requires no special training whatsoever. Just fill it up, place it in your toilet tank, and every time you flush you’ll be using less water.
5. Niagara Water Savings Kit — These kits from Niagara are a great way to get started with saving water, energy and money around your home. They come with just about everything you’ll need and can save you upwards of $200 per year! But don’t take our word for it, check out this review from Blue Living Ideas and this article on Niagara itself. Niagara is ahead of the curve when it comes to water saving technologies and their products should save you money for years to come.
6. Water Flow Valves — These are probably one the least known when it comes to water saving technologies, but they can have a big impact. The flow valve will allow you to temporarily stop or drastically reduce the flow of water while you’re soaping up in the shower, thus reducing both your water and energy bills. Try combining it with a water efficient shower head for bonus savings!
Read more at cleantechnica.com